At our agency, Pauli Systems, we work with many websites that are not yet Gutenberg-ready. Slowly clients are moving towards the block editor. To find out how much changes on their themes would be necessary we use this Gist from GitHub for a first review.
How to use this page?
- Create a new page in draft on your site where the theme you want to test is already installed
- Switch to code editor view via the 3-dot Menu in the editor
- In a second tab or new window, go to the Gist on GitHub
- Click on the Raw button on the top right of the code display
- Highlight the whole text with Command+1 or Ctrl+A
- Paste it in the Code editor
- Update / save draft your page.
- Click Preview
Common Blocks / Formatting / Layout Elements / Widgets and Embeds
- Images (Single image, cover image, gallery
- Pull Quote / Quote
- Social Icons
- Columns Text (only) columns / Columns experimental
Note: The jump links do not work when there are page breaks on the page.